We, Zurleys are committed to respecting and protecting the privacy of anyone using our site and the confidentiality of any information that you provide us with. The purpose of this statement is to set out how we use any personal information that we may obtain from you.
We process your personal data to meet our legal, statutory and contractual obligations and to provide you with our products and services.
Data Protection Act 1998 (‘the Act’)
We are registered under the Data Protection Act and comply with the Act in all our dealings with your personal data.
Use and Collection of Personal Information
** In general you can visit our website without telling us who you are and without revealing any information about yourself **. If, however, you use our site to register and create an acccount and you will be asked to provide certain information such as your contact details. We will store this data and hold it on our servers. You will need to also provide your details when purchasing an item.
We may use information that you provide:
- To register you with our website and to administer it.
We do share some basic data with the following categories of companies as an essential part of being able to provide our services to you:
- Companies that require information to get your purchases to you, such as delivery companies and payment service providers
- Professional service providers who help us run our business
- External payment providers where you choose to use their payment such Payment Sense and Paypal to complete your purchase on there secure network. These systems have their own security. We do not store your credit card details and we do not store your card’s security/CVV code.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- If we are under a legal duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with or meet any legal obligation.
We will treat your data with respect and will not "spam" your mailbox with constant emails.
If you change your mind once you have signed up, you can opt out at any time by letting us know or unsubscribing at the bottom of the email(s) you receive.
Without limitation, any of the following Data may be collected:
- Name (When you register or place an order)
- Contact information such as email addresses and telephone numbers (When you register or place an order)
- Demographic information such as post code, property number. (When you register or place an order)
- IP address (automatically collected)
- Web browser type and version (automatically collected)
- Operating system (automatically collected)
- A list of URLS starting with a referring site, your activity on this Web Site, and the site you exit to (automatically collected)
- Cookie information (see below).
- Communication between us.
A Cookie is a small file that resides on your computer’s hard drive and often contains an anonymous unique identifier and is accessible only by the web site that placed it there, not any other sites.
- Site functionality cookies: these cookies allow you to navigate the site and use our features.
- Site analytics cookies: these cookies allow us to measure and analyse how our customers use the site
By using our site, you agree to us placing these sorts of cookies on your device and accessing them when you visit the site in the future.
You may delete Cookies, however you may lose any information that enables you to access the web site more quickly.
You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your web browser. By default, your browser will accept Cookies, however this can be altered. For further details please consult the help menu in your browser. Disabling Cookies may prevent you from using the full range of services available on the Zurleys website.
Controlling Access to your Data
When you are required to submit new account data, you will be given options to restrict our use of that Data. This may include the following:
- use of Data for direct marketing purposes
Our website does use googles services but adhers to GDPR principles.
- Masks IP addresses to hide personal information
- Has turned off Google Data Sharing
Accessing your own Data
You may access your Account at any time to view or amend the Data. Additional Data as to your marketing preferences may also be changed at any time.
We endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information. We have put in place suitable procedures to secure data collected when using our website. We cannot guarantee complete security of any data that you disclose online and we will not be responsible for any breach of security unless this is due to our negligence or wilful default.
To see some of the steps we take to keep your data secure visit the Security at Zurleys section
You may access certain areas of the Web Site without providing any Data at all. However, to use all Services and Systems available on the Web Site you may be required to submit Account information or other Data. You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You also have the below rights -
- The right to be informed about how your personal information is being used
- The right to access the personal information we hold about you
- The right to request the correction of inaccurate data
- The right to request that we delete your data
- The right to stop direct marketing messages
- The right to complain to your data protection regulator
To action your rights please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or by written request.
You can see and manage the cookies we apply here: Manage Cookies
Keeping your information
We will hold on to your information for as long as you have your account or for as long as it is needed to be able to provide the services to you.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other relevant websites and sources. However, once you have used these links to leave our web site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. We cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites.
In order to offer you Klarna’s payment methods, we might in the checkout pass your personal data in the form of contact and order details to Klarna, in order for Klarna to assess whether you qualify for their payment methods and to tailor those payment methods for you. Your personal data transferred is processed in line with Klarna’s own privacy notice.
Persistent marketing and analytics cookies
These cookies contain a unique user ID which will enable Klarna to recognize the user’s device the next time that user returns to the merchant. These are persistent cookies, stored on the device for a period of up to 540 days as of the last interaction with Klarna, or until they are deleted and allow Klarna (i) to show marketing of Klarna products, including credit promotions to the user, and (ii) to perform analytics of the user behaviour.
By connecting the unique user ID stored in the cookie on the device to the information Klarna has about the user, Klarna will be able to recognize the user of that device. No information connected to the cookies is shared with any third party.
The user’s consent and revocation of consent
Klarna Bank AB (publ) is subject to Swedish Data Protection legislation, and is the data controller for the purpose of processing the personal data as described above. Klarna has a Data Protection Officer and several lawyers specialised in data protection. Klarna also has a customer service team handling questions relating to personal data. You are welcome to contact Klarna at [email@example.com]. Please visit klarna.com for more information about Klarna, and how Klarna processes personal data.
If you do not want us to use data in this way please notify us by email - firstname.lastname@example.org